Dear Berkeley student,
The student pulse surveys take one minute to complete and capture your confidential feedback. For each pulse survey you take this term, you get an additional chance to win Apple AirPods.
Spring 2021 Pulse Survey #3 is now open
This Pulse Survey asks about COVID19 vaccination and your plans for Fall 2021. A link to the Pulse Survey is below and appears as a task in CalCentral. These surveys are confidential and results will be displayed only in aggregate. The survey closes on Monday, April 19.
Results from Spring 2021 Pulse Survey #2
The report from Pulse Survey #2 is now available and below are some findings:
- Looking to connect with the Financial Aid and Scholarships Office or Cal Student Central? Your peers report particularly enjoying the Virtual Front Desk (private Zoom sessions).
- While numbers have improved slightly from fall, nearly half of students report being worried about paying for bills. Help is available for meeting your basic needs and supporting your financial wellness. If your circumstances have changed, you can request a cost of attendance adjustment.
- Zoom fatigue is real. Take a break from screens, get your heart pumping, and have some (post) spring break fun with local outdoor activities from Rec Sports- and Student Environment Resource Center-recommended hikes and scenic vistas. Outdoor exercise can also help improve your mood. University Health Services offers counseling and psychological services support for symptoms of stress or anxiety.
- Over 75% of you said, once in-person instruction resumes, some mix of remote and in-person advising would effectively meet your needs. Advisors are working to incorporate this feedback into their plans for Fall 2021 and beyond.
- About half of you said that, compared to in-person instruction, remote instruction has resulted in more academic dishonesty. Academic honesty is a core tenet of the Code of Student Conduct. Academic dishonesty negatively impacts all members of the academic community. Your thoughts on strategies to mitigate academic dishonesty will be shared with faculty via the Center for Teaching and Learning, the Academic Senate, the remote proctoring pilot group, and other instructor and faculty groups. If you are feeling pressure to "keep up," the Student Learning Center offers tutoring, study groups and more on subjects ranging from math to social sciences to writing.
Survey drawing winners
The second set of students to win Apple AirPods in Spring 2021 are:
- Sonali Ranaweera, Economics
- Cantika Sasono, Psychology
- Christopher Barnes, Chemical Engineering
If you have any questions or problems with the Pulse Survey, please contact email@example.com.
Catherine P. Koshland
Vice Chancellor for Undergraduate Education
Stephen C. Sutton
Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs
Lisa García Bedolla
Vice Provost for Graduate Studies and Dean of the Graduate Division
This message was sent to all UC Berkeley undergraduate and graduate students.