Dear Berkeley student,
With the ongoing changes due to the pandemic, we want to check in every few weeks to hear about your experience via one-minute surveys. These confidential Pulse Surveys are intended to get your feedback so we can better support you. Thank you to those of you who completed Pulse Surveys #1 and #2, and congratulations to the second set of AirPods winners!
Pulse Survey #3 is now open
This third Pulse Survey asks about your well-being, plans for next term, and your experiences with remote proctoring. A link to the third Pulse Survey is below and appears as a task in CalCentral. These surveys are confidential and results will be displayed only in aggregate. The survey closes on Wednesday, November 18.
Results from Pulse Survey #2
The report from Pulse Survey #2 is now available and below are some findings:
- 63% of you preferred to keep the regular Spring 2021 academic calendar dates with a spring break. Campus leadership has decided to maintain the original academic calendar for next term and student input was an important factor.
- The pandemic has led to more mental health challenges.
- Counseling and Psychological Services (UHS) is excited to introduce a new framework for care that will include student peers, staff, and faculty in a broad-based community approach to wellness. Stepped Care 2.0 will integrate principles of social justice in our response to urgent mental health needs and will roll out starting Summer 2021.
- Your survey feedback is showing that engaging with other students through clubs and activities can help. We encourage everyone to find ways to connect with one another, and the Berkeley Life website is a great resource with tips from your fellow students about how to find your balance, discover your community on campus, search for clubs to join that meet your needs and interests, and much more.
- Many of you are eligible for and interested in Work-Study placements. The Financial Aid & Scholarships Office has a Work-Study website with links to job listings, contact information for questions, and FAQs. Campus departments and units are sharing best practices to hire more Work-Study students who can work remotely.
AirPods winners and additional prizes
Taking the pulse surveys will give you up to four chances to win a set of Apple AirPods. You have one entry into the AirPods drawing for every Pulse Survey you take. Taking Pulse Survey #3 will give you an additional chance to win. There will be drawings throughout the Fall term for a total of 12 Apple AirPods.
The second set of students to win Apple AirPods are:
- Pammy Kazi, Letters & Science (Undergraduate Student)
- Jonathan Garcia, Electrical Engineering & Computer Science (Undergraduate Student)
- Richard Liou, Electrical Engineering & Computer Science (Graduate Student)
You could be in the third batch of winners! Take Pulse Survey #3
If you have any questions or problems with the Pulse Survey, please contact email@example.com.
Catherine P. Koshland
Vice Chancellor for Undergraduate Education
Stephen C. Sutton
Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs
Lisa García Bedolla
Vice Provost for Graduate Studies and Dean of the Graduate Division
This message was sent to all UC Berkeley undergraduate and graduate students.